Customers are king! Most likely, your organization subscribes to this notion because customer service helps to drive the loyalty of new and current customers – which in turn drives business. These days, personal consumer experiences are greatly impacting expectations within the business world; consumers want real-time information on products and services purchased. And this trend isn’t stopping.
So how do you balance customer expectations and service while remaining fiscally responsible? When dealing with transportation logistics, savings can come from many places. Time is money – so managing your time and your mobile employees (including mileage, windshield time, and customer face-time) impacts both the bottom line and customer service. Having quick access to real-time business information provides key indicators to focus on both customer expectations and savings. The solution exists today: Roadnet MobileView.
It is probably no surprise that for executives and management, one of the most important aspects of a business application is the ability to garner meaningful information that can positively impact a business’ efficiency and bottom line. One of our goals is to determine better ways for Roadnet customers to gather information quickly and easily. Roadnet MobileView was introduced last year to provide on-the-go technology with real-time information. Managers of all levels no longer have to be tied to their desk to answer the age old question “Where’s my truck?” Additionally, managers have real-time statistics of how the day is playing out, who’s behind schedule, and who’s ahead – along with views into completed deliveries, pending deliveries, and more! Roadnet MobileView allows managers to seamlessly collect key information, anywhere, anytime using a mobile phone, tablet, PC or laptop.
Daily logistics isn’t static; it happens in real time. Isn’t it time to be proactive and not reactive? Wouldn’t it be nice to know how your day is unfolding before someone calls you? With Roadnet MobileView, you’ll have visibility into the day’s routes, stops, mobile resource performance, and expectations at your fingertips.
So, how does Roadnet MobileView work? MobileView is part of the Roadnet Transportation Suite (RTS). Real-time information for mobile devices feeds Roadnet MobileView, which provides insight for fleet managers to become more nimble—adjusting operating procedures to decrease mileage and windshield time, reduce fuel costs, increase safety, and manage driver behaviors while improving customer service.
What specific information does MobileView offer, i.e. which screens can you see on the go?
- Map view is a quick view of all your trucks on one screen. Easily see the status of the vehicle, as well as drill down for route details, including the planned route versus actual GPS route
- Performance view lets you see a quick review of how your routes look for a specific time period, including comparison information to previous days, as well as benchmarks you can configure
- Quick Stats view lets you see a quick review of how your routes look for that day – excellent for Transportation Ops Managers who want to immediately know how the day is shaping up
- Routes view is a timeline view showing where drivers are in reference to their day, if there are exceptions, if a route has run long, plus more! Drill down for route details
- Exceptions displays exceptions that have been triggered throughout the day, including options to filter exception and acknowledge exceptions, so you can quickly address issues
- Cancelled Stops displays stops that have been cancelled; managers can quickly know what customers many need to be contacted to address the canceled stop
- Historical Routes view by employee – detailing travel information, including mileage and travel time, plus more within a specified date range
- Historical Service is for customer service purposes, by location view service time (face-time) and number visits during a specified date range
Whether in the office or on-the-go, Roadnet MobileView helps to answer key questions you run into daily: “Are drivers following the plan, or driving extra miles? How did the route compare to what was planned? How many unplanned stops were made?” Answering these questions are all essential components in the transportation industry to help drive savings through efficiencies. Let Roadnet MobileView help you to execute on the idea of plan the work, and work the plan. Otherwise, you might be missing a golden opportunity for improvement. Stay tuned – there’s much more to come!